Thursday, June 16, 2011

Mikkeller Beer Geek Breakfast


The last time I walked into the beer store, both the guys told me they had a new beer perfect for me. I'm inclined to believe them. They lead me straight to Mikkeller's Beer Geek Breakfast. Since I love coffee and stouts, I was pretty excited about this one, even if it is my first try from this Danish brewery.

Pours big, black, and has a huge dark tan head (be careful when you pour). Coffee dominates the nose, but you'll notice more layers once you take a sip. Oatmeal stout. Huge flavor, just the right amount of bitter, very well balanced between the coffee and oatmeal. There's even a dry, smokey, woody finish.

Weighing in at 7.5% ABV and a 25 oz bottle, this would be a fantastic way to start the day. Outstanding!

Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment