Thursday, August 4, 2011

Flying Dog Raging Bitch Belgian IPA


With my final IPA for the day, it's Flying Dog Raging Bitch Belgian IPA.

I'm curious what will make this Belgian, but the look is similar to the other two from earlier in the evening, though the color is a bit more light orange and the head is both bigger and sticking around longer.

The smell is both hoppy and yeasty. Lots of orange and coriander before the hops come in. Not a ton of malt here. But a very bitter finish. Outstanding lacing. I'm getting more Belgian than IPA, but I like this. I believe I'm a fan of these kind of hybrids in general.

Overall, a pretty tasty brew, and it's nice to see some innovation in the style.

Grade: B

P.S. I have only been listening to songs with Bitch in the title while writing this. Let's dig on some Stones together, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment