Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Founders Porter


This is one I've been trying to get my hands on for a while, because whenever I tell people porter is my favorite style, the next question is if I have had Founders Porter. So I must admit, even before the first sip, the bar is set very high.

Pour is just what I like; inky black and there's not even color around the edges. It's solid black with a thin head that doesn't last long. Inviting roasty smell. The roast carries on into the flavor, but it doesn't over power the smooth chocolate. The chocolate notes here are not as bitter as other porters. More of a milk chocolate. Mouthfeel is creamy and smooth. Hops and toasted bread come out more as it warms. Long finish that's dry with just a hint of bitterness.

Nothing not to like about this one!

Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment